The Valhalla League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A for newbies

Go down

Q&A for newbies Empty Q&A for newbies

Post by Lohrak Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 pm

So yeah, ya'll don't read the rules.

And even if you do, you probably don't think for yourself.
ANYWAY.

#1. Am I supposed to challenge in order?
The only order is Gym Leaders->Elite Four->Champion.
You can challenge the Leaders in any order, and then Elite Four in any order. Beat all of them, you get to the Champion. However, if you lose to any of the Elite Four or the Champion, you have to restart and face all of the Elite Four again.

#2. Can I change teams?
Oh yeah, sure. That is, if you wanna restart. We encourage good team-building here, so you're allowed to use only one team in one challenge. No changes. We do keep track of what Pokemon you use, and you're required to post your team here on the forums in an introduction topic. Don't worry, we won't counter-team. In fact, only the champion really has that ability and she doesn't even change her team, really.

#3. How do I challenge someone?
Best way to do that is PM them on PO when they're online. You can post on their respective forum section, but most likely they won't pay any mind to it. Always ask beforehand, so we can all prepare our league teams.

#4. Can I play people for fun?
Sure, we don't mind. You can use any team you'd like if you just play for fun. We're not some super tough league, we're a community. Just ask beforehand.

#5. What are battling rules?
We follow Smogon OU (It's Wifi OU on the server) for all league matches (save the fact Blaze Blaziken is NOT uber by our standards). Smogon
Since Smogon's difficult to navigate and find rules, the required rules are:

No Ubers
Sleep Clause (You can't put more than one Pokemon to sleep. Does not apply to Rest, or Dark Void in Doubles (however if only one is put to sleep by it in doubles, you are not to attempt to use it again)
Species Clause (No more than one of one species of Pokemon)
Wifi Battle Clause (This activates Team Preview, which is generally how we battle on Wi-Fi)
Self-KO Clause (If the battlers are down to their last Pokemon, and one uses a sacrificial move [Explosion, Selfdestruct, etc.], the user is considered the loser)

#6. I can't find the server... what do I do?
Advanced Connect: 67.193.53.216:5080
Dunno how to explain that better.

#7. What happens if I defeat the entire league?
Nothing, really. You're congratulated, that's pretty much it.

#8. How can I get a position in the league?
You can't. We ASK people if they want a position if anyone's not really getting on or taking this seriously. It doesn't matter how terrible you think one leader is, you're not replacing them. And no, you're not becoming champion by defeating the champion.

#9. Is this on Wifi or PO?
Both, technically. Only member who can't do wifi is shuckle4ubers, who currently lacks a DS.
Most of us prefer PO for the swift battles and easy set up. Another member who cannot battle on PO is Crystal. Arrangements for a Wi-Fi battle may be made, so you might want to have your team on DS, too.

#10. How many challenges are allowed each day?
As many as you want, but if you keep losing to the same person, you may want to take a break.
Some leaders may impose a waiting rule. Remember, we have lives, too.
Lohrak
Lohrak

https://www.facebook.com/Lohrak

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum